Welcome to Health class. Over the course of the semester, various topics will be discussed. Through activities, presentations and lectures, you will learn how to make better choices that will lead you to a healthier lifestyle. If you pay attention in class, complete the assigned work and participate in class discussions you will do well in this class.
Key Areas of Focus:
- Personal Health and Wellness
- Social and Emotional Health
- Nutrition and Physical Activity
- Alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs
- Sexuality education, abstinence, relationships, and HIV prevention
Grades will be determined by:
- Actively participating in class.
- Points earned on worksheets/workbooks, projects, quizzes, test and the final exam.
- Notebook/workbook check on spontaneous basis.
- Arriving to class prepared and on time on a daily basis. Bring notebook, workbook, pen or pencil and homework completed.
- Those students who have Health third hour will need to bring something to read every day. 5 points may be awarded on a daily basis during reading time.
- Semester grade will be determined by, first card marking 40%, second card marking 40% and the final exam is worth 20%.
My expectations are:
- Students will show up on time and be prepared for class.
- Students will contribute positively towards the classroom environment.
- Students will treat each other, the teacher and the classroom with respect.
- Students who are absent for class are responsible for checking with me to see what they missed, at the appropriate time. A lot of our Health lectures are online. If you are absent or are not able to keep up with the pace of the class it is your responsibility to go online and copy the notes. Notes can be found at: livoniapublicschools.org, “Programs”, 7th and 10th grade Health Curriculum.
- If someone is talking you should not get out of your seat, unless you have an emergency.
- Passes will be allowed on minimal basis.
- Students may have a nutritional snack the first 10 minutes of class. This privilege could get revoked if it is abused. Water will be the only drink allowed in class.
- Students will remain seated until the bell rings to signal the end of the hour.
- Ear buds and headphones should be kept out of sight.
- Texting and listening to music is not allowed during class. As soon as the bell rings put away your electronical devices.
Students are expected to show up to class on time and be seated by the time the bell rings. If you have Health 3rd hour, you will need to take out your reading materials before or during announcements and listen quietly to the announcements.
- 5 tardies = Half Hour detention after school
- 7 tardies = Referral to Assistant Principal
100% – 93% = A 75% - 73%=C
92% - 90% = A- 72% - 70%=C-
89% - 86% = B+ 69% - 66%=D+
85% - 83 % = B 65% - 63%= D
82 % - 80% = B- 62% - 60%=D-
79% - 76% = C+ 59% or < = E
Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
My email address is email@example.com